Senior Specialist Generators
You will be technically responsible for our in-house generator design in the multi-MW range. Your focus area will be the introduction of new generator variants and continuous improvement of existing generators, mostly centered on induction- and permanent magnet machine types.
Main activities under this responsibility will include:
- new product development of generators within our current platform projects in conjunction with our project management organization (PMO) delivering on committed scope, budget and schedule;
- upgrades/Engineering Change Management (ECM) of our existing machines;
- providing input to Vestas Technology Roadmap and further execution of approved projects with the aim to reduce the Levelized Cost of Energy (LCoE) of the Powertrain system;
- contribution to generator related Commodity teams (representing Technology in a team of procurement, manufacturing and quality experts) with the aim to secure competitiveness across the entire value chain in both existing and emerging markets;
- support our manufacturing organization in Germany, Spain and China within the generator segment;
- representing Vestas within Standardization Committees (e.g. IEC), Conferences and Universities.
- Bachelor or Master degree in Electrical Engineering or maybe Mechanical Engineering supplemented by an electromagnetic in-depth understanding;
- You have industry experience (>10 years) in the design (R&D) of heavy-duty converter driven machines;
- Preferable you come with a long history of design and manufacturing skills where the distance between your calculations and the manufacturing shop floor is only a few meters;
- Specific work experience within the wind industry is beneficial but not required.
You have a track record within new product development of rotating electrical machines with fundamental knowledge of:
- the calculation of electromagnetic fields machine parameters and overall magnetic performance (including analytic and FEA);
- thermodynamics within electrical machines;
- mechanical interfaces;
- insulation systems at low and medium voltage;
- material engineering;
- relevant international standards and requirements;
- test & verification of electrical machines;
- design for manufacturing;
- familiarity with current electric machine manufacturing practices;
- relevant simulation software;
- machine testing and validation;
- reliability engineering;
- familiarity with DFMEA and FMEA processes.
Through your experience in various industries, you have combined your technical expertise with an excellent business mindset, which allows you to consider commercial implications in your technical decision-making.
- You motivate yourself through the results that you accomplish, and address your tasks proactively with a high degree of personal responsibility;
- Your organizational and communicative skills allow you to achieve your results together with an international and multi-disciplinary design team inside Vestas.
- You trust in teamwork and empowerment;
- You think of the manufacturing shop floor as your second home and understand the implication between detailed design calculations and what is practical in terms of manufacturing;
- Your balanced personality and self-confidence in your skills enables you to manage multiple tasks in parallel, and keep a clear sight of the targets even when stakes are high;
- You have excellent language skills (speaking and writing) in English are required.