Piping Designer Group Lead
TECHNIP in Spain is looking for a Lead Piping Designer to be in charge of all technical activities related to piping design of process units.
Reporting lines and interactions:
- Functionally reports to: Discipline Manager.
- Operationally reports to: Project Manager.
- Directly supervises (operationally): Piping Engineers and Designers.
- Key interactions (internally, externally):other engineering departments.
- Takes full responsibility over the design activities of an assigned unit.
- Learns and handles with all applicables job specs, piping classes, standards and working instructions that may be needed for the correct development of his assigned work.
- Transmits instructions to and manages an assigned design team.
- Develops itself the most critical designs, and supports the less experienced designers.
- Coordinates with other specialists involved in the studies (civil, stress, material, supports) and follows-up interfaces.
- Minimum 10 years experience in similar function.
- Experience in companies providing engineering services to the Chemical, Refining or Petrochemical Industry.
- Knowledge of Microstation and PDS.
- Knowledge of codes ASME B31.1 and B31.3, ASNI and ASME standard.
- Fluent in Spanish.
Nice to have:
- Fluent in English.
- Knowledge of SmartPlant 3D and PDMS.