Consultant - Assessment and Management of Environmental Releases Unit
IAEA - International Atomic Energy Agency
To assist the Assessment and Management of Environmental Releases Unit.
Functions / Key Results Expected
- To review working group reports of the MODARIA I programme (Modelling and Data for Radiological Impact Assessment) to enable their publication as IAEA TECDOC;
- To contribute to draft of an IAEA technical document on remediation of areas affected by enhanced levels of radionuclides;
- To contribute to draft an IAEA technical document on the harmonisation of methodologies for the assessment of radiological impacts for a wide range of facilities and activities.
Qualifications and Experience
- Advance university degree in natural science or nuclear science;
- Experience in the field of radioecological modelling and radiological assessments;
- Experience in and radiation protection and control of radiation exposures from ionizing radiation;
- Minimum 5 years relevant work experience;
- Knowledge of IAEA Safety Standards desirable;
- Fluency in written and spoken English. Knowledge of other official IAEA languages (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, Spanish) an asset.