Design Centre Porto focus on developing detailed design of modules and components for Vestas wind turbines. The centre is responsible for executing the design on time and at cost with accountability for the quality and integrity of design for -manufacturing, -assembly, -service and -standardization.
The global CAD Engineering team focus on delivering and implementing CAD design, across Vestas, ensuring that production aspects are embedded in the 3D design and 2D drawings and the Vestas defined standard parts are used. The CAD Engineering is responsible for executing design on time and at cost with accountability on the quality and integrity of 3D models and 2D drawings.
As a CAD designer your focus is 3D and 2D design work. To be able to do the best standardized and cost optimal design, you need to have large network across the organization from parts suppliers, system specialist to your colleges who produce and service our turbines. With a large network spread out all over the world, it is essential you know when and how to involve your stakeholders.
In your daily work you will work with:
- Develop 3D-CAD design/models and 2D drawings , based on design specifications
- Execute and manage the ECM process (Engineering change management)
- Define GPS on drawings reflecting manufacturing standards
- Ensure cost-efficient design and usage of standard parts as well as manufacturing standards
- Embed relevant design and production knowledge into CAD by defining master models (parametrical models) and design guidelines/ checklists
- Define and mange work packages for 2D drawings to be handled by colleagues in Chennai or by consultants.
- Enable delivery of work packages in time and on quality through transparent standard work flows
- A relevant Master's or Bachelor's degree
- Experienced CAD user (preferred Creo) with the ability to use the system in an effective and efficient manner
- At least 5 years of design engineer experience with relevant domain knowledge relevant for wind turbines
- Substantial DFM/A/S experience and knowledge (M= Manufacturing, A= Assembly S= Service)
- Substantial standardisation experience.
- GD&T knowledge and experience
To be successful in the position we expect that:
- High degree of professionalism and good business sense
- Proactive and self-dependent
- Communicative and integrative
- Quality and cost conscious
- Intercultural team player
- Continuous improvement oriented