Environmental Health & Safety Specialist
Genoa or Milan, Italy
Would you like to join a growing Renewables & Sustainability team? We are looking for an Environmental Health & Safety Specialist to make a significant technical contribution to our busy team in Genoa or Milan (Italy). The specialist will join our team in charge of Environmental, Health, Safety and Social Audits and due diligence projects. You can expect to play a leading role in assessing, reviewing and monitoring environmental, health and safety aspects of projects in different industrial and infrastructure sectors.
The position will be based at RINA Consulting headquarters in Genoa or Milan. Other locations in the UK could be considered for the right candidate after an initial period of training and integration within the team.
- Conduct environmental, health and safety due diligence and compliance audits on energy, mining, and infrastructure projects, including identifying risks and impacts, compliance with project commitments, and applicable requirements;
- Attend due diligence and audit visits to projects and associated reporting as expert or team leader;
- Manage project consultants;
- Attend working and organisational meetings, prepare project and contract management documentation, identify project opportunities, and prepare (or contribute to) technical and financial proposals.
Qualifications & experience
- Degree in an environmental, health and safety subject or in engineering;
- Excellent knowledge of environmental, health and safety issues relevant to industry, and practical experience in environmental, health and safety due diligence/audits of various industrial facilities/infrastructure. Specific training and work experience of environmental, health and safety issues and good international industry practice applied to Oil & Gas, Mining, and/or Energy sectors is a plus;
- Experience and ability to work on several projects simultaneously under time pressure is essential;
- Working experience and knowledge of IFC/EBRD/Equator principles standards. Familiarity with social assessment and management standards is a plus;
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant professional experience is required for the position. Consultancy, contracting and/or operational experience in developing countries would be advantageous;
- Excellent command of English, both written and oral. Knowledge in other languages (French, Spanish or Russian) is highly desired;
- Ability to travel frequently worldwide on assignments and with short notice;
- Proven and effective writing skills and computer literacy are essential.
- Ability to understand, respect and respond appropriately to behaviour, concerns and motives in a diplomatic way;
- Ability to discuss and engage with stakeholders with different value sets;
- Good communication skills with a wide variety of audiences;
- Good team player with capacity to motivate and lead the team and to network with other groups.