Specialist Engineer SURF
The Specialist Engineer SURF shall develop the Subsea Removal and Site Remediation business segment within Kvaerner by developing the overall strategy, establish partnerships in line with the strategy, follow up the decommissioning market and participate in early phase studies, pre-qualifications, tendering and project executions. Additionally the Special Engineer will support other marine operation activities within the Kvaerner portfolio.
Some travelling must be expected.
Responsibilities and tasks
- Participate as Specialist Engineer or Study Manager in early phase studies within the Subsea Removal and Site Remediation segment;
- Pre-qualification responsible within Subsea Removal and Site Remediation business segment within Kvaerner;
- Participate as either Tender manager or Tender Technical Manager in tendering activities within Subsea Removal and Site Remediation;
- Participate as Specialist Engineer, Engineering Manager or Project Manager in projects within the Subsea Removal and Site Remediation portfolio;
- Develop Method Statements as necessary;
- Establish requirements for Installation/Construction vessels as required for operation;
- Define Installation system requirements inclusive decks-layout on Construction vessel;
- Ensure that engineering documents are timely developed, checked and documented;
- Provide necessary engineering support to other disciplines;
- Take part, as required, in Operational SJA/HAZIDs/HAZOPs/FMEAs as identified during the engineering stages;
- Comply with all Kvaerner’s governing procedures;
- Adopt standard safe work practices and procedures in accordance with Kvaerner HSSE Policies and ensure that all safety and environmental incidents are reported and investigated in a timely manner;
- Monitor and control quality performance.
- Direct reporting line to Marine Department Manager;
- Link to support functions (Business Development, Finance, Legal, Communications etc.);
- Link to Clients;
- Link to Suppliers and Subcontractors;
- Link to Kvaerner’s relevant stakeholders and functions.
Qualifications & personal attributes
- Higher Technical University education - BSc/MSc level and/or minimum 10 years’ experience within project execution and/or organisations in the oil and gas industry;
- Client/Supplier relationship and understanding of the oil and gas industry;
- Understand the market drivers and business norms for the Kvaerner business;
- Entrepreneurial and commercial thinking;
- Good communication skills.