Project Engineer LiDAR Services
Local Unit & Position Description
The Section Loads, Power Performance and Wind Resource is part of the Department “Renewables Measurements Germany” located in Kaiser-Wilhelm-Koog, Germany and dealing with testing of wind turbines mainly. The main task of the section is to perform field measurements on wind turbines all over the world, mainly on prototypes. The section measures the loads on the whole structure of a turbine, evaluates the characteristic power curve of a specific turbine and measures the wind speed on site.
The Loads & Power Performance Section consists of 16 employees.
- Technical Project Delivery of ground based and nacelle mounted LiDAR projects;
- Responsible for project preparation, execution and Project administration;
- Planning, and supervision of Installation and Commissioning of customer LiDAR equipment;
- Data Acquisition incl. plausibility check, Post processing and evaluation.
- Development of state of the art content to present on respective conferences.
Essential skills and experience for this role are as follows:
- A technical Bachelor/Master degree;
- Ability and willingness to develop technical and commercial competence in the renewable market;
- Programming of algorithm and analysis;
- Excellent organisational and time management skills;
- Excellent communication skills in German and English, both written and oral;
- Willingness to travel (domestic and international);
- Driver's license;
- Suitably qualified in health and safety trainings to undertake working at heights (as applicable), work on construction sites, first aid, and work involving electrical hazards (and any other required trainings e.g. confined spaces training as applicable).