Sr. E&CS Lead Engineer
Bergen op Zoom, Netherlands
Reference number: 90825BR
The Electrical & Instrumentation & Control system group is a dynamic team in which engineering, design and leadership skills are combined to effectively support our clients. In addition to a solid education focusing on engineering and/or design, a strong set of personal competencies is a prerequisite for success. Being a team player and having an ability to interact effectively with client’s organization and others disciplines in our taskforce is essential.
In projects, the senior lead engineer takes overall responsibility for the Electrical & Instrumentation & Control-system functionality for projects in the oil, gas and (petro-) chemical industry.
The lead engineer works within a task force for the realization of multi-discipline projects in close cooperation with other disciplines, vendors and clients to translate functional specifications into technical solutions. Leading 15-30 people within the projects the senior lead engineer will act as an coordinating engineer for the department and as mentor/coach for other ‘intermediate skilled’ E&I&CS lead engineers.
The successful candidate is responsible for and must be able to:
- Perform engineering in all project phases e.g. Feasibility studies, conceptual design, front-end design, detail engineering and design and plant commissioning for integration of new facilities in revamp type project as well for ‘small’ grass-root type of projects. Work activities include e.g.:
- Development of P&ID’s, instrument index; instrument datasheets/specifications, instrument block diagrams; control of detailed design like: cable schedules/panel layouts/instrument layouts/sketches/loop and wiring diagrams/hook-ups/cable trays; control of electrical design and engineering; selection of materials; E&I&CS input to other disciplines;
- The complete cycle of writing/reviewing instruments and control-systems specifications in accordance with client requirements and authority regulations, supplier selection, purchasing, supplier drawing review, Factory Acceptance Tests, coordinate field implementation including Site Acceptance Test, commissioning and turn-over;
- Input to Basic Engineering Design Packages and Writing of contractors scope of work;
- Participate in HAZOP/SIL/LOPA sessions.
- Supervision, planning, organization of the work:
- Lead/coordinate the E&I&CS engineering/design teams (15-30 people); Assign work in cooperation with the department manager/engineering manager;
- Prepare schedules, estimates, manpower forecasts and apply change-risk management;
- Communicate and align with clients, vendors and other disciplines. Chair group alignment meetings and create a collaborative environment;
- Supervise and act as mentor for a group of junior and intermediate level engineers/designers.
- Promote and support Value improvements initiatives and Continuous Performance Improvement.
Basic Job Requirements
- Msc or Bsc education level or equivalent;
- 15-20 years relevant working experience with an engineering contractor or production company in the process industry. Where-of 10 years proven Leadership skills for groups of 5-15 FTE’s;
- Extensive Knowledge of field instrumentation technology and field wiring solutions;
- Knowledge of control system DCS and PLC hardware and basic knowledge of electrical systems;
- Exhibit thorough understanding of pertinent codes and governing regulations and industry practices;
- Exhibit thorough understanding of the other discipline task and deliverables like electrical, process, piping, mechanical and civil/structural.
Other Job Requirements
- Candidates shall be fluent in both Dutch and English; Written and oral communication with our Client’s is as well in Dutch as in English;
- Strong interpersonal skills;
- Willingness to travel.
- Knowledge of Functional safety (SIL), ATEX, is a preference.