Senior Electrical Engineer To Vattenfall Wind Power
Kolding, Hamburg or London
We are looking for Senior Electrical Engineers for our Business Area Wind, Offshore, Engineering. Your main responsibilities will be to bring expertise into the business in terms of electrical design, wind farm system protection, onshore and offshore cable systems, on- and offshore substations, consenting and construction issues for electrical plant, industry best practice.
Are you interested in a job with a lot of potential and possibilities and do you want to be a part of an organization with special focus on Renewable, you are maybe the person we are looking for.
You will be a part of the Electrical department with colleagues located in various locations across European locations. The preferred location for these positions would be Kolding, with Hamburg and London also being a possibility.
The department is the technical know-how centre within Business Area Wind, setting the standards and guidelines, as well as being embedded in our projects, both through the development and implementation face as well as the generation department.
Description of the position as Senior Electrical Engineer
- Substation design (switchgear, aux. transformers, insulation, etc.);
- Power system protection philosophy for wind farms (protection functions, relays settings, signal interface with SCADA, etc.);
- Design and rating of LV distribution systems;
- MV Cable design, testing and installation in on- and offshore wind farms;
- Contractors interface management during construction phase of electrical installations in on- and offshore wind farms;
- Supporting the projects during the tendering process;
- Preparing technical documentation;
- Review of design documentation from suppliers and Contractors;
- Supporting the organisation with technical expertise.
Qualifications as Senior Electrical Engineer
- M.Sc in Electrical engineering;
- Significant experience in the wind industry (offshore wind preferable);
- Experience with the protection of wind farms and relay settings;
- Experience with design and construction of on- and offshore substations;
- Experience with MV/HV on- and offshore cables;
- Practical and theoretical experience;
- Experience with trouble-shooting within areas like cable- or switchgear electrical faults;
- Min 5 years of experience;
- Good English language skills and a plus if you also have good Danish/German language skills;
- Flexible approach to travel.
You have a high degree of self motivation with a flexible approach to work. You possess good interpersonal skills works well with other people, and you have an innovative mindset. You are result-oriented and you organize and prioritize your work effectively meeting required deadlines. You have the courage to act on your conviction, and you display discretion under time pressure.