Technical Support Specialist
Responsibilities and tasks
Based on your technical and/or engineering background and experience, you are to ensure that our key wind turbine projects are executed and built in accordance with our committed contracts and the latest technological requirements for wind power.
Your working day will typically consist of many various tasks. Your partners will be a mixture of R&D experts, international engineering partners as well as large utility customers, all of whom are holding significant technical knowledge and competences within the areas of wind turbine technology and project implementation.
Your primary tasks will be:
- Risk assessment and solution finding of electrical/mechanical technical issues that may occur in large wind power projects;
- Pro-active problem solving in close cooperation with the rest of the Vestas organization;
- A close cooperation with the respective sales- and project managers;
- Technical knowledge sharing with the rest of the group;
- Technical and contractual dialogue with technically skilled customers and sub-suppliers.
Qualifications and work experience
It is an advantage if you have experience from the wind industry or a similar industry in which high technical competence, commercial knowledge and a high communication level are the key words.
- Bachelor/ Master in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or similar.
- Solid understanding of electrical power engineering;
- Mechanical engineering knowledge;
- Knowledge of the electricity sector (wind power or conventional power plant);
- Understanding of the customers’ view on and demands to large engineering projects;
- Understanding of working in a large international organization;
- Understanding of coordination with international partners and sub-suppliers;
- Understanding of contracts and project execution.
- Co-operation skills;
- Great sense of humor;
- Coordination skills;
- Well versed in dealing with stressful situations;
- Work in a well-structured way and is quality-minded;
- Flexible, easy-going and reliable;
- Communicate well with ”non-technicians”;
- Fluent in English and a Scandinavian language (speaking and writing).