Lead Power Generation Engineer
Black & Veatch
North West, United Kingdom
Consult directly with our clients, having regular contact with contractors, manufacturers and suppliers. Be proactive, able to review evidence and concepts critically and challenge as necessary. Provide engineering related, analysis, and studies for domestic or international power plant projects. Independently develops and applies advanced engineering techniques, concepts and approaches to unique engineering problems. May supervise engineering staff on projects of low to medium complexity, or serve as a technical specialist providing knowledge and expertise. May be responsible for developing, validating, and presenting specialist/technical output. Experience with gas turbine combined cycle plant is a requirement.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Has a sound understanding of the design, construction, operation and troubleshooting of combined cycle gas turbine power plants;
- Is familiar with thermal cycle design optimisation, lifecycle costs and performance testing;
- Has good general engineering/O&M knowledge of HRSG’s, auxiliary systems, steam raising plant and packaged plant items;
- Has a good understanding of component failure modes and the cause of failure such as vibration, high temperature exposure, fuel quality etc.;
- Has experience in the production of technical reports and other documentation for clients;
- Has an outgoing and professional personality;
- Can evaluate manufacturer's or contractor's proposals, data, drawings, reports, etc., for conformance with B&V criteria;
- Can supervise project local and international engineering staff consisting of subordinate engineers, designers, drafters and other assigned support personnel. This includes staffing, work assignments, scheduling, personnel appraisals and work reviews;
- Can develop and monitor project control systems including schedules, man-day budgets, lists, indexes, bills of material, etc.;
- Oversees the coordination of engineering efforts as required to attain project objectives;
- Can identify and assess improvement opportunities which will add value;
- Can champion continuous improvement efforts;
- Can Assess and support the change management effects associated with the implementation of improvements;
- Can proactively support, encourage and facilitate staff to engage in continuous improvement activities.
- Engineering Manager;
- Technical Solutions Team;
- Chief Engineers;
- Engineering delivery Teams;
- Other Project delivery team Leads.
- Power generation services.
- Travel within UK and possibly overseas.
- Managing self and others;
- Resilience and drive (working to tight deadlines);
- Advance Technical Knowledge;
- Multi tasking ability (prioritise, organise, schedule work);
- Works with others to deliver results;
- Takes personal responsibility to deliver results;
- Problem analysis;
- Relevant degree or demonstrable equivalent experience;
- Expert knowledge of CCGT mechanical sytems;
- Expert knowledge of tools and systems used for Engineering Management;
- Intermediate Word and Excel.