HSE Manager North-EMEA
The HSE Manager North EMEA oversees that the environmental, occupational health and safety, and sustainability programs at the facilities in France, Germany and Hungary are in line with Itron Corporate HSE and Sustainability policies. This includes our sites in Reims, Karlsruhe, Oldenburg i.H. and Gödöllö.
Duties & Responsibilities
- This is a very hands-on position, reporting to the Director Manufacturing North EMEA;
- You will support local operations with strong functional relationship to Corporate HSE;
- Act as a liaison to local, regional government EHS agencies within the North-EMEA region;
- Drive cultural transformation through the development of proactive relationships with the ultimate goal of zero injuries and zero harm to the environment;
- Implement, manage, evaluate, audit and sustain site HSE programs;
- Conduct Job hazard analysis/Risk assessments and develop/implement solutions
- Maintain compliance with local environmental (Air, Industrial wastes and wastewater. Hazardous materials storage and disposal) and safety regulations;
- Collaborate in managing Workers' Injury Management program;
- Promote a culture of commitment to HSE;
- Develop and conduct employee HSE training;
- Drive leading indicator safety programs;
- Accurate and timely reporting of incidents, metrics and sustainability data.
Preferred Skills & Experience:
- Proven experience in a similar role as HSE Manager or HSE Engineer responsible for different manufacturing sites, ideally in different countries in Europe;
- You have a broad range of working experience on a manufacturing site related to HSE (e.g. as Health and Safety officer);
- Strong knowledge and skills of HSE processes and tools;
- In depth Know How of operational hazards and risks and development of multi-faceted (technical, work practice and administrative) solutions and at least local HSE Know How for France and Germany, Hungary will be a plus;
- Act for Change - High level of energy and enthusiasm and ability to energize others;
- Excellent communication, presentation and training skills;
- Fluent in English is mandatory, German, French and Hungarian Language Skills are a plus.
- Bachelor's degree in science/engineering or related technical field.