Head of Group DS Production Asset Maintenance
Scope of the position:
Support the MOL Group Downstream Production business by providing global leadership to maintenance, Turn Around, Reliability and Risk Management. Ensure a disciplined reliability approach through the development and upkeep of a comprehensive global maintenance management system for Production.
Coordinate the group reliability program in the area of competence to achieve the Next Downstream Program targets. Provide the in-depth knowledge and expertise required to support local organizations in delivering business plans.
- Visible and felt safety leadership and fulfilment of all HSE aspects in maintenance operations. Support process safety initiatives and specifically the development and implementation of mechanical integrity plans;
- Ensure world class asset reliability by coordinating the Group Reliability Managers in developing and rolling out a group program to drive up the reliability performance. Specifically coordinate the development of a reliability improvement plan for each location and each main unit in agreement with group reliability managers and local maintenance managers, maintenance engineering managers, production and production excellence members. Ensure group reporting standard of production unit availability and asset reliability related events. Supervise the implementation of reliability related group standards and audit the practice;
- Provide technical expertise and leadership for major incidents investigations and actions. Contribute to Learning from Incident system on behalf of the discipline. Specifically, introduce modern investigation scheme and tools. Actively share knowledge to ensure up-to-date and harmonized reliability practices. Support local business and personal target setting in relation with availability and reliability. Support local maintenance manager to organize the reliability engineering function;
- Contribute in the preparation of the Production strategy and business planning and provide expert input to group level strategy as required. Define group maintenance, reliability and T/A strategy according to business strategy. Provide technical and economical input to business decisions and specifically ensure that Complex Maintenance Spending plans comply with DS business strategic directions. Set Complex Maintenance Spending and availability targets; monitor CMS, reliability and T/A strategy realization. Support and give input to the development of the asset management policy and safety spare parts management;
- Support project development and implementation with engineering knowledge and act as gatekeeper for maintenance, reliability and T/A discipline, including maintaining up to date knowledge of external developments in respect of best available technologies and techniques, approving all external communications from MOL Group Production business in the area of the discipline, and periodically benchmarking MOL performance and processes against external competition;
- Develop and maintain the specific work processes (global regulations) for maintenance, reliability, T/A planning and execution and drive each site to produce site specific efficiency improvement plans. Monitor progress and ensure that plans are delivered. Co-ordinate group level actions regarding multi-country and large local contracts in T/A area;
- Support preparation of middle term Turn Around scheduling plan and harmonizing the global scheduling with SCM and CS on group level. Manage TA cycle and durations optimization on group level. Agree T/A schedule (interval, duration) for all Group sites and propose to Production director for approval. Develop T/A assurance review process and run the process for major T/A events, including but not limited to scope review, “fat rat” workshops, readiness reviews, contracting workshops etc. Build cross-site teams with competence as required for such processes;
- Develop and maintain content of competence management framework for the discipline, working with HR and Petroskills co-ordinator. Periodically carry out review of the discipline health across the MOL Group production business and contribute to succession planning and development plans for the discipline. Maintain knowledge of discipline members and act as mentor and guide to selected talent;
- Provide assurance to Group and local Production site leadership regarding competence of local discipline group, including local discipline leadership. Ensure alignment and feedbacks among strategic partners, including Business Maintenance, SSC, Procurement, Group PSM, and among strategic initiatives in the areas of maintenance, TA, reliability and PSM;
- Build, lead and manage a central knowledgeable maintenance team. Enable the organization to cross-learn and share technical knowledge by building and maintaining an effective network across all MOL Group production sites.
- At least 15 years’ experience in the refining or petrochemicals business;
- At least 10 years’ managerial experience;
- University degree in Engineering;
- Fluency in English;
- Engineering and technical knowledge, specifically reliability and failure management knowledge;
- Budgeting and planning skill oriented to business;
- Have covered a key role in major T/A activity at a production site;
- Ability to learn internal and group processes, instructions and guidelines;
- Flexibility and ability to find out-of-the-box solutions;
- Problem solving attitude;
- Being down-to-earth and cooperative team member;
- Ethical skills and good psycho-physical conditions.