Renewables Trading Analyst/Expert
The team Forecasting & STO (Short Term Optimisation) Continental forecasts electricity and gas consumption as well as renewable energy production such as wind, solar and biomass for the continental European Vattenfall portfolio. Furthermore the team is responsible for optimising and short term marketing of our renewable energy portfolio.
Your job as Renewables Trading Expert (m/f)
- Develop a marketing strategy for renewables power production at the day-ahead markets and other market places based on quantitative analysis;
- Execute day-ahead bidding for the renewable energy portfolio and hedge positions up to 6 weeks ahead;
- Initiate, support and – as the case may be - execute IT implementation incl. automation and advanced analytics;
- Analyse performance as well as market and portfolio behaviour and initiate/take ownership for improvements in a dynamic and complex setting;
- Develop, enhance and apply forecasting of renewables power production and customer gas and power demand;
- Contribute to new business developments;
- Further develop Vattenfall’s weather capabilities;
- Connect and cooperate closely with various other departments within BA Markets and Vattenfall as well as external clients;
- You will quickly take over responsibility in a dynamic and international environment;
- Occasional business trips.
Your profile as Renewables Trading Expert (m/f)
- Academic degree in natural sciences, engineering, industrial engineering or economic science with good technical understanding;
- Excellent analytical skills and a quick grasp;
- Expertise in quantitative methods and model development;
- High computer literacy incl. programming and advanced problem solving (e.g. Mathlab, R, Python, Microsoft Azure);
- Structured and precise approach to work;
- Excellent team and communication skills;
- Ability to work under pressure and readiness to work on weekends;
- Decisive even under high workload;
- Excellent English language skills, written and verbal.