Generation/Trading Compliance Manager
Selby, United Kingdom
You will manage the development of internal processes to ensure compliant trading and meet our regulatory reporting and surveillance obligations. You will lead the development and continual improvement of associated policies, procedures and training plans to promote a culture of compliance.
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of the compliant trading policy;
- Develop the company’s position on REMIT, EMIR, MiFID, MAR, etc. in conjunction with the Legal team;
- Provide advice and guidance to the Generation trading, risk, back office and leadership teams on matters connected special to licence conditions, REMIT/EMIR reporting requirements, etc.;
- Ensure timely energy and financial market compliance reporting in line with external regulatory obligations;
- Develop and manage the company’s trade surveillance programme, in line with MAR and REMIT;
- Prepare and present reports to internal risk committees and the Generation Management Board;
- Ensure an appropriate compliance monitoring and assurance framework is developed and maintained (e.g. timely annual risk assessments, audits, etc.);
- Working with others across Group to ensure a consistent approach to regulatory compliance;
- Support internal and external investigations in relation to regulatory obligations;
- Sanctions risk includes reputational damage, financial penalties (up to 10% global turnover) and imprisonment.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience required:
- To be Ideally educated to degree level;
- To have strong understanding of energy and/or financial market regulation;
- To have strong organisational, project management and time management skills;
- To Have strong knowledge of energy trading practices and/or risk mitigation techniques;
- Have the ability to influence senior internal stakeholders.
How You Need to Act:
- Understands commercial context, tests theory, facilitates appropriate solutions;
- Show innovation in facilitating business requirements in a compliance with external obligations;
- Ensure delivery of new policies, processes and appropriate training in line with agreed rollout plans;
- Content to help and communicates effectively;
- Team player: Constructive in approach and works towards the wider objectives of the Group.
Measures of Success:
- A good understanding of regulatory requirements across the Generation and Trading teams;
- Zero breaches of external regulatory obligations;
- Minimal breaches of internal policy and timely corrective action where issues are identified;
- Appropriate and timely escalation of compliance issues to management/leadership;
- Demonstration of positive behaviour (across teams) in line with a culture of compliance.