Hot Cell Engineer
ITER - International Thermonuclear Experimental Reactor
- Finalizes technical design issues with respect to Remote Handling, Hot Cell and Radwaste designs, include confinement and shielding doors, cranes, trolleys, ventilation, etc.;
- Provides support to the interface of ITER with the French Authorities and with the French Disposal Facilities to which all ITER Radwaste will eventually be transported;
- Supports the licensing activities in close collaboration with the Safety Department;
- Establishes and updates the required documentation for baseline and the design, interfaces, procurement, assembly, commissioning and operation;
- Supports the required safety documentation and operating procedures for the Remote Handling, Hot Cell and Radwaste Treatment and Storage system in the Hot Cell & Radwaste facilites in close collaboration with the involved interfaces;
- Performs other duties in support of the project schedule;
- May be requested to be part of any of the project/construction teams and to perform other duties;
- Maintains a strong commitment to the implementation and perpetuation of the ITER Safety Program, values and ethics;
- Reports to Hot Cell & Radwaste Section Leader;
- In response to requests from the Director-General or Plant Engineering Department Head, or proactively, informs the Director-General or Plant Engineering Department Head of any important and urgent issues that cannot be handled by the concerned line management and may jeopardize the achievement of the Project’s objectives.
Measures of effectiveness
- Completes the design activities and procurement in a timely manner and within the defined cost;
- Enhances the system performance or reduce the system costs while keeping the technical and safety requirements;
- Provides efficient and timely support for all above described documentation related to the Remote Handling and Radioactive Materials Division activities.
Project Construction Phase SAP ID : 50000658-1014.
Level of study
- Bachelor or equivalent degree.
- Nuclear engineering field or other.
Level of experience
- At least 7 years.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a nuclear engineering field or other relevant discipline, e.g. remote handling, tritium handling, radwaste, hot cells, etc.;
- Extensive experience in similar jobs (involving similar work responsibilities) and/or additional training certificates in relevant domains may be considered a reasonable substitute for the required educational degree;
- At least 7 years of experience in the field of nuclear engineering, mechanical, process, radiation protection, remote handling, radwaste fields;
- Experience in the integration and procurement of large and complex systems and facilities, if possible within an international environment;
- Good experience in complex and multidisciplinary projects.
- Ability to work effectively in a multi-cultural environment;
- Ability to work in a team and to promote team spirit.
- MS Office standard (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Knowledge of MS Office standard (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) is required;
- Design experience with CATIA and/or AVEVA is highly required.
- English (Fluent).