Missions and Responsibilities
Air Liquide procures and sells through its products large amounts of energy, and faces significant associated risks. The position will coordinate the energy risk management activities associated with SEGE. SEGE organization is splitted between Front, Middle and Back office. The position is part of the Front Office, reports to SEGE General Manager and is based in Brussels.
The mission of the Front Office Energy Manager is organized around three main activities
- Contribute to development of mid to long term energy supply strategy for the targeted area of Europe and expanding our sourcing capabilities;
- Provide support and expertise to Affiliates for optimizing their energy portfolio and mitigate their risk exposure (strategy definition, sourcing project, energy escalation formula, governance);
- Actively monitoring energy markets and executing transactions under the validated purchasing strategies (portfolio management).
- Advise and support the Affiliates in the design of mid- to long-term strategies;
- Improve their energy exposure, and develop synergies within the zone;
- Manage energy projects (sourcing concept elaboration, energy indexation, request for quotation, contract negotiation, etc.);
- Actively monitor energy markets and optimize the portfolio of contracts/purchasing strategies;
- Execute market transactions under the approved strategies and delegations of powers;
- Maintain a close level of interaction and communication with Affiliates energy management teams, as well as supporting business development teams;
- Ensure that energy sourcing are conducted in compliance with AL policies and SEGE internal policies and procedures;
- Analyse and monitor the energy results of Affiliates;
- Develop the necessary expertise in the respective energy markets as well as in the key aspects of AL Large Industries business model (such as sales escalation formula).
Competencies and Profile
- Relevant 3 years experience in the industry and/or energy related environment;
- Leadership skills. The position will have to work with multiple subsidiaries and counterparts;
- Ability and motivation to work concurrently on two levels: particular (project) and general (conceptual);
- Rigor and capacity to handle several complex topics at the same time;
- Capacity and appetite for team working;
- Strong proficiency in the use of Ms Excel;
- Strong English skills required. Good French skills a plus.
- Bachelors of Science in Engineering or Finance equivalent highly recommended.