Trader for Power Trading
Make an impact trading electricity
At the power trading desk at Neas Energy, we have recently added several new markets to our portfolio of more than 20 countries, where we trade and optimise assets for our clients. With power being a physical commodity, the markets never sleep. Therefore, you join a team that is on shift every day of the year – and you will participate in our shift rotation, working days, evenings and weekends.
Here, you join a commodity trading team of 35 professionals placed in modern facilities that support our joint efforts. In our team with great international experiences, drive and ambitions, we will be sure to support you in making a real impact, as you make the most of your talent.
More specifically, you trade electricity across borders on the European electricity markets. Affected by price fluctuations and renewables, the electricity markets are extremely volatile and constantly changing, which is why you should be both curios and logically thinking, while finding satisfaction in finding new winning opportunities.
And doing so, you also
- Conduct daily trades on exchanges, auctions and OTC markets across Europe;
- Optimize the value of our asset portfolio consisting of renewables and power plants;
- Develop and implement trading and hedging strategies;
- Collaborate with energy majors, investments banks and other trading houses;
- In time, you will become responsible for specific markets and trading strategies.
Commercial talent and a cool head
- We demand that you as a person are structured and able to meet and set your own deadlines. The spirit of the department requires that you are interested in continuously trying to improve the services included in your role. Joining the operations team will be a challenge, but the experience is equally rewarding;
- You probably hold an MSc in Finance, Economics or Mathematics, alternatively you have some experience within commerce, e.g. as a banker or estate agent, and you know Excel;
- You have a natural interest in finance and trading as well as the ability to reason through logic and keep a cool head;
- You speak and write English effortlessly, and you are able to communicate across cultures, functions and seniority with both internal and external stakeholders.