Construction Manager Offshore Windfarms
The main role is the management and control of all activities related to construction of agreed deliverables, so that the required tasks can be executed in accordance with the specifications, the regulations and the budget. This role will be performed through the coordination of the required technical/operational expertise from the construction teams aiming at executing technical solutions responding to customer needs while preserving industrial interests in terms of costs, delivery, constraints and risks incurred. You report to the Project Manager.
Your main responsibilities are:
- Contract Compliance & Translation: Analyse the technical specifications, construction planning, resourcing and set up plan of action;
- Work Preparation & Project Execution: See to the processing of the authorised construction drawings, coordinate, follow up & adjust the construction works (including work preparation, document control, logistics, QC, purchasing, subcontracting…), in order to deliver a product, in conformity with schedule, subcontracting budget, security & productivity requirements;
- Documentation & Reporting: Responsible for productivity, correct documentation of construction work and administrative documentation related to compliance to scope. Ensure the availability of up to date lists of deliverables, the compilation of process & manufacturing references and input documents for complete & accurate construction reporting;
- Risk Control & HSEQ: Identifying risks during the construction & developing action plans to propose suggestions with respect to the control of identified risk areas, commanding & controlling the construction realisation (in consultation with the HSEQ reponsibles) to guarantee that priority is given to HSEQ when stipulating the environmental circumstances & the execution of the work processes. Responsible for the correct implementation of safety and security procedures and instructions;
- Team Management: Manage & supervise the Construction team, integrating subcontractors & co-workers from supporting services in order to have co-workers with the proper competencies (knowledge, skills & attitude) at the proper positions/functions who are efficiently working together as one team.
- Bachelor or Master in Engineering (electrical) with a solid experience in project and/or construction management;
- broad general technical knowledge and more specific specialized in electricity and instrumentation;
- adequate knowledge of mechanical constructions, supporting systems, etc.;
- able to manage good relationships with the client and our partners while monitoring Engie Fabricom’s interests;
- excellent communication skills: English & Dutch. Knowledge of French and/or German is definitely an added value;
- proven leadership capabilities: supervising a large team of superintendents, supervisors, foremen and electricians;
- decisive and persistent.