Wind/Solar Energy Analyst
Local Unit & Position Description
This role will equip you to undertake technical analysis of onshore wind farms at the pre-construction stage of development, like also at operational stage.
The primary function of the Energy Analyst position is to assess the wind resource and expected energy output of proposed utility-scale wind farms across Europe.
This is broad role that requires the successful applicant to be involved in various activities.
- Under the supervision of senior staff, undertake energy production assessments which include - wind data processing and quality checking, correlation analysis, wind flow and wake modelling, review of energy losses, statistical analysis and reporting;
- Undertake site conditions assessments which include a review of typical as well as extreme meteorological conditions at a site;
- Producing detailed reports which review the feasibility of sites for development which will include feasibility studies, site meteorological measurements, shadow flicker assessment, noise modelling, and visual impact assessment;
- Given experience in Garrad Hassan best practice analytical techniques;
- Manage projects to ensure they are completed within timescale and budget;
- Writing reports for clients and site visits (inspecting sites and measurement equipment) may be requested according to skills and training.
- Masters degree in an engineering, physics, atmospheric science or mathematics field or related;
- Aptitude for statistical analysis of data;
- Comprehensive understanding of wind flow principles;
- Ability to write and compose clear and accurate reports in English and Polish;
- Exposure and familiarity with wind energy industry software and measurement techniques would be highly desirable;
- Thorough knowledge of various GIS tools and methods;
- Fluency in English and Polish (written and verbal);
- Communicative skills in Ukrainian or Russian languages are additional advantages;
- Ability to work in a pressurised consultancy environment - operating to tight timescale;
- Basic Project Management skills, good organisational and effective time management skills as you may be required to handle multiple projects;
- Experience in a public presentations;
- Effective communication skills to cope with technical and commercial discussions.