Senior Distribution Expert
The Energy Transition Department of Tractebel delivers high level worldwide consulting on energy transition and is the excellence center of the ENGIE Group for all related topics. The team also develops and markets software solutions.
As Senior Distribution Expert, you will be in charge of delivering expertise services related to Distribution and Rural Electrification issues and of the development of the associated methodologies and tools.
This involves that :
- you deliver the expertise required for international studies dealing with operation and control of the Distribution and rural electrification systems (due diligence, losses reduction studies, training of operators…);
- you are in charge of the specifications and the implementation of the SCADA/DMS/OMS projects for our clients;
- you contribute to international consultancy services in techno-economic assessment of specific applications (e.g. hybrid power unit; micro-grids; renewable energy integration; load demand assessment…) and of masterplans/roadmaps related to distribution and rural electrification, using power system simulation, GIS and statistical tools;
- you specify the required development and improvements of software tools dedicated to planning and operation of Distribution and Rural Electrification (functional specifications);
- you develop innovative concepts and methodology for energy transition scenarios in distribution;
- you work in a team on industrial research projects, on projects for international clients (Rural Electrification Agencies, Ministries, IFI, DSOs, Engie group).
- You have a master in engineering with at least 7 years of experience in power sector;
- You have worked for a DSO, a manufacturer or a consultancy company and you are familiar with the operation and the control of distribution network;
- You are fluent in English and in French, any other language is a bonus;
- You have experience in international consultancy services or are willing to develop it;
- You have distinctive and proven capabilities to synthetize and clearly present information and results;
- You are capable of animating communities of experts;
- You are dynamic, creative, interested by high level expertise and team work;
- You are geographically mobile for short or mid-term missions all over the world.